Thursday, October 4, 2012

Cool Story, Typical Debunker Nonsense: 'Monkey Ghost House'!


Yankee Skeptic blog writes on the "monkey ghost" that haunts a house he was interested in buying: Monkey Ghost House!

Cool monkey ghost story aside, I always wonder at so-called skeptics who "investigate" haunted locations. They don't believe in an after life, ghosts, spirits, or anything paranormal. Anything said to be haunted can be proved to be, well, not haunted.


I asked the renter if she would allow me to investigate the house. She would only accept if I promised to “Get rid of the damn monkey.” I broke it to her that I had never found evidence for a ghost, human or monkey, and even if I had I would have no clue how to “get rid” of it.

The hubris in that statement is astounding, but not surprising, merely expected in the world of the pathological skeptic.

Confused reasons why he didn't buy the house; supposedly it was the "ghost story" of a pooh throwing monkey spirit, not the pooh throwing monkey spirit itself (since nothing of the kind could possibly exist) that put him off. Future buyers would be disinclined to buy a haunted house. Ah, but wouldn't his skeptic powers save the day and prove to the world no such thing existed and the house was never haunted at all?

The point is, nowhere did this "skeptic" show us how the house isn't haunted. No investigation took place, nothing offered to explain the mysterious wafts of monkey crap and other unexplained happenings.

No comments: