Saturday, August 11, 2012

Black Salt Synchronicity

Watching last night's episode of The Dead Files, and near the end of program during the reveal, medium Amy Allen suggests the "hauntee" use black salt (among other items) to help the spirit along her way.

I knew of the use of regular old salt for protection, but was unaware of black salt. "Interesting" I thought to myself. "I must find out more about black salt."

This morning, while shopping at Market of Choice here in Eugene, I was in the bulk spice and herb section. (Looking for spirulina in bulk.) I noticed right away the store had changed the way they arranged items since last week (last time I shopped there) and they also changed their containers. And right away, the one thing that visually jumped out at me, was a container of black salt!

Now I don't know if the store has always carried black salt; if so, I've never noticed it before. When I told Jim about this he said "You should have bought some; synchronicity." I said I did think of getting some, that it was a sign, but was trying to be careful of money. (The bulk spirulina wasn't cheap.)

Now of course, I have to get some. Or, make my own. In Googling "black salt" I found this delightful blog: Confessions of a Pagan Soccer Mom. Here's her entry on black salt:Magical Black Salt: What it is, how to make it, how to use it

According tho this hubpage, black salt is: "Black Salt called Kala Namak in Hindi."

Of course, there is a difference, so it seems and one can assume, between mundane black salt that occurs naturally, and the black salt used for spiritual practices.

No comments: