Sunday, April 29, 2012

Stephen Wagner: Animals and Ghosts

At About.com, paranormal writer Stephen Wagner has a post about animals and ghosts:Animals and Ghosts. His article reminded me of two animal ghost "dreams" I've had.

Sometimes ghosts and spirits communicate through dreams. I had a dog when I was a teenager -- Hobbit. He was with me until my early twenties, when I had to sadly give him away. A few years later I knew Hobbit had passed. He came to visit me in a "dream." He was running towards me in a swirling tunnel of violet and golden light, and "spoke" to me. Hobbit was very happy, and told me he was grateful for the love I gave him and he was all right; it was just his time to move on.

A couple of years ago I had another dream of a beloved pet. My cat Puck was very old, and we knew he was dying. I sat with him for hours on our front porch, held him in my lap as he let go of life. When I left him on his bed I knew he would pass. He was ill and for years had been in a lot of discomfort. Later that night, I had a dream/vision of Puck being sucked up into a whirling funnel of red and yellow light. Unlike Hobbit's experience, Puck's passing was not easy; he was yowling, angry and in pain, as he went up through the funnel. We buried him in the front yard the next morning.

No comments: