Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Greg Taylor: Stop Worrying...There Probably Is An Afterlife -- Indiegogo

I'm happy to promote Greg Taylor (The Daily Grail, Darklore Journals, etc.) latest project: Stop Worrying...There Probably Is An Afterlife -- Indiegogo:

For too long, the debate over the possibility of some sort of hereafter has been dominated by these two diametrically opposed views. So much so, that the general public is not aware that there is some very good evidence supporting the idea that, at the time of our physical death, some part of us 'continues on'. In the book I am currently writing, I will tell the story of how, for more than a hundred years, scientists have been finding evidence for consciousness continuing on beyond death; people have been recounting their own personal encounters with 'the other side of the veil'; and some of the world's best thinkers have been suggesting that human consciousness may be far more than just the accidental by-product of a flesh-and-blood brain. The evidence may not be concrete, but it's certainly enough for any person to hold a 'rational' belief that we all continue on in some way.

I have written about these topics in short-form for almost 15 years now on my popular website The Daily Grail, and in a number of books I have already published (see for example this article). I am an experienced publisher, having released a dozen books already through my independent publishing house, Daily Grail Publishing. Please help me bring this topic to a wider audience, in more detailed form, by supporting this book project.

What I Need, And What You'll Get

I am already currently working on the book (20,000 words down at the time of writing), and it will be released no matter what level of support I receive - this has been a personal quest of mine for quite some time now. The goal of this pre-publication funding is to make the book as good as it can possibly be, by allowing funds for absolutely comprehensive research (tracking down/purchasing source documents, interviewing key people, freeing up time for writing, etc.) and book design/manufacture expenses. As such, I've made a very conservative estimate of $5000 as a goal to do this, though my ideal funding level is higher. However, I appreciate whatever support is offered by those interested in seeing this book published.

No comments: