Sunday, March 25, 2012

Photo of Heceta Head


This is a photo I took of the lighthouse keeper's house at Heceta Head, Florence, Oregon. I then manipulated the photo with mixed media, mainly oil pastels and acrylics.  The house, now a bread and breakfast is said to be haunted. The main ghost is a woman called "Rue." I haven't had the chance to stay there yet, but I will some day. When I was there, visiting the lighthouse, (the area and lighthouse are open to the public) I saw that the bread and breakfast was closed to the public. It is only for guests, and you are not allowed to walk around the house grounds or visit inside, unless you're a guest. There is a picket fence you can't really see in this photo. But the rest of the area is open to the public. There is a state park fee, I think it's around five or six dollars.

It is very lovely there and a wonderful place to explore, regardless of any haunting. The lighthouse is a fun place to visit -- there are rumors that place is haunted as well but I didn't pick up on anything when I was there, and details don't seem to be as prevelant as they are for the bed and breakfast. Google for haunted background, there's lots of it. Here's one personal report that I liked because it's strictly personal from someone who happened to experience some strange things.

No comments: